In this course, we will review conducting a site survey to determine the correct electric strike for an application and what you need to know when selecting a strike. We will look at some applications and walk through steps to get to the "best" strike for the application. We will also explore common door hardware and what you need to know to select the strike design to work with it and “outside the box" options to consider. This class is eligible for 1 credit hour: attendees may receive a certificate of completion (as requested).
By completing this course, attendees should be able to:
- Recognize the key factors and considerations when selecting a strike for an application.
- Summarize building codes as they apply to electric strikes.
- Assess how to match a door lockset to an electric strike.
- Discuss what to do with a store-front opening and Herculite glass as hardware changes.
- Describe how ASSA ABLOY can support your strike selection decision making process.
- - - - -